As the temperatures begin to drop, head outside with your kids. These outdoor autumn activities are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages!
Now that the temperature is starting to drop, it’s a perfect time to get outside with your kids. Take your books outside and read under a tree.
Take a break to play tag in the backyard. Eat lunch on your back porch. Draw math games on the sidewalk. we
Whether you’re working or playing, your kids will thank you for getting outside before the winter sets in!
Outdoor Autumn Activities
1. Visit a sunflower field and harvest some seeds. Then, make this fun sunflower suncatcher. Fantastic Fun and Learning
2. Gather some fallen leaves, and do some leaf rubbings. Red Ted Art
3. If you have a yard full of leaves, you could make a leaf maze. Happy Hooligans
4. Read Leaf Man. Then, have your child make his own “leaf man.” Inspiration Laboratories
5. Visit an apple orchard and pick your own apples.
6. Visit a pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins.
7. Go for a walk through the woods and talk about the beauty of the leaves changing colors. Print out a fun scavenger hunt to take with you. Affordable Homeschooling
8. Sit around a fire pit and make s’mores.
9. Rake the leaves in your yard into a pile. Then, JUMP!
10. Visit a corn maze.
11. Go on a hayride.
12. Go on an autumn treasure hunt. Inner Child Fun
13. Grab some old jeans and a flannel shirt. Make a scarecrow.
14. Collect pine cones. Spread them with peanut butter. Roll them in birdseed. Then, hang your new bird feeders in a tree.
15. Collect pine cones, and use them to go bowling. Royal Baloo
16. Play hopscotch. Homeschool Preschool
17. Make a leaf slide. Happy Hooligans
18. Sneak in a little learning with some outdoor acorn math activities. Living Montessori Now
19. Print out this fall bucket list or create your own. Happiness is Homemade
20. Play pumpkin hopscotch. Pleasantest Things
21. Make a leaf bracelet. I Can Teach My Child
22. Explore a new park.
23. Visit a nature center.
24. Go on a night hike.
25. Collect twigs, leaves, and acorns to make an autumn mobile. Red Ted Art
26. Find that tree! You find the leaves, and have your child find the tree it came from. A Mom with a Lesson Plan
27. Make this awesome bark owl. Fireflies and Mudpies
28. Play scarecrow tag. Childhood 101
29. Build a campfire and try one of these 5 fun campfire games. One Crazy Mom
30. Make twig ornaments. Happy Hooligans
What fun things do you and your kids like to do outside in the fall?
Have fun with your child or preschool class using this felt woodland animal set to learn about animals in the woods/forest. Use them in your quiet area or for pretend play.
Inspire young readers with these book inspired crafts for autumn. From squirrels and leaves to pumpkins and turkeys, we’ve got it all on this list!
Susen @ Dabbling Momma says
Great ideas for fall fun!
Definitely some great ideas here!! Thanks for compiling this! We got so used to being indoors when it got so hot there for a while that I am still re-training myself to get outside again!! 🙂